Freedom of Rock
if only I were much harder,
wouldn't that just do!
Shock X whatever it takes?
or a realisation that that
curling blood softness is not
so wish for cold ocean water,
seizing every body print and crevice,
and so heavy to lift,
and not good company for any
old stone thrower,
trying to make them skim or splash!
as big as the Budicka Rock,
green, dark and ragged,
and ever ready for all the
waves, no matter how many,
to crash on my raised body,
plant me deep,
don't let me sleep,
let me solidify in eternities
darkness, with cold starry fish
and the heaviest hardest eyes,
to vouch, that I have done your bidding...
GRANT FRASER's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Freedom of Rock by GRANT FRASER )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- In memoriam, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Price Of Dreams, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken I Am Not A Poet, Heather Burns
- A Wishing Star, Asma Riaz Khan
- Simply Spoken Dissearpering Vapors, Heather Burns
- amour is armour because of the r, Mandolyn ...
- Where Can I Buy Happine$$, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken Wind Dance, Heather Burns
- Lights Out, Bill Cantrell
- our conversation's getting fat, Mandolyn ...