Freedom Isn’t Free
I have always thought those
who say “Freedom isn’t free”
were such idiots.
I mean freedom is simple.
It’s the mere allowance of the
human culture to accept differences.
It is the wars we fight for the
so called freedoms that are complicated and costly.
Whatever justifies a good reason,
to sacrifice ones freedom toward
a war few walk away from.
And at the end of this war,
there will be no true change in society.
We will still have a diverse world,
seeking their own freedom.
We will still have the same old
disagreements and feuds.
So to the men who say “Freedom isn’t free”
I will laugh.
Chris Cariad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Freedom Isn’t Free by Chris Cariad )
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.55, Monk E. Biz
- Global Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- PRETTY GOOD START.., ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Simple toys, hasmukh amathalal
- Acquaintance across the gender, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Begining of my love, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- What is all truth, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- Let all people, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)