Freedom Isn’t Free
I have always thought those
who say “Freedom isn’t free”
were such idiots.
I mean freedom is simple.
It’s the mere allowance of the
human culture to accept differences.
It is the wars we fight for the
so called freedoms that are complicated and costly.
Whatever justifies a good reason,
to sacrifice ones freedom toward
a war few walk away from.
And at the end of this war,
there will be no true change in society.
We will still have a diverse world,
seeking their own freedom.
We will still have the same old
disagreements and feuds.
So to the men who say “Freedom isn’t free”
I will laugh.
Chris Cariad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Freedom Isn’t Free by Chris Cariad )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Scary Night, Angela Khristin Brown
- A world of Lies, Hebert Logerie
- Fenced In To Be Viewed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Eid 2014, mazHur Butt
- Going Mad, Is It Poetry
- My Tears Dry On Their Own, Mpho Tsakata
- And She Wept Oh So Gently Upon My Shoulder, Tadej Blažic
- Sanctuary Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Toll, Adam Latham
- war why war, Jason Callender