Freedom Isn’t Free
I have always thought those
who say “Freedom isn’t free”
were such idiots.
I mean freedom is simple.
It’s the mere allowance of the
human culture to accept differences.
It is the wars we fight for the
so called freedoms that are complicated and costly.
Whatever justifies a good reason,
to sacrifice ones freedom toward
a war few walk away from.
And at the end of this war,
there will be no true change in society.
We will still have a diverse world,
seeking their own freedom.
We will still have the same old
disagreements and feuds.
So to the men who say “Freedom isn’t free”
I will laugh.
Chris Cariad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Freedom Isn’t Free by Chris Cariad )
- Lifeless, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Unnatural Apologie of Shadows, Nathalie Handal
- millions of pleasure...., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael McParland
- The Writing Competition!, Denis Martindale
- Daru Piyo, Talk To The Girl And Do Naxal.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love and Strange Horses—Intima', Nathalie Handal
- debris, oskar hansen
- Les Éventails, Portraits of Passion, Nathalie Handal
- The Hooked & Crooked Men As The Communis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1886 - 1967)