Melody Thaila Kuku
Freedom Is Not Yet Freedom
Freedom is not yet freedom,
But a slavery where men are Slaves to civilization.
What good has it brought?
We have freedom that men call, Mortal Rights.
Yet we are slaves to Unions of the World.
I yearn for the days when man Was but a barbarian,
Then there was no falsehood,
Only the drive to survive.
Then man was not clothed with The cloak of global unity
That has hidden holes of mistrust.
Then man could live happy with The breaking of each new dawn,
With his spear in one hand and Meat in another.
Then he respected Nature,
And the world was not foul.
When man didn’t desire Freedom,
For he was free.
Free from engines that smoked,
Free from nuclear insects that Swim around earth.
He needed no fellowship with Other mortals,
He needs not spy on their barns Of ammo,
There was no cry of ‘Dictator’,
Only the sound of a man who Has learnt to exist in peace
With Nature’s children.
But the birth of civilization That gave steps to man’s Association,
Has made mortals, slaves.
Slaves to them that sit on five Seats,
One that can never be empty in The Union of Nations.
They who veto men’s life and Action,
Whose words or decision
Can bless or mar a nation.
Tell me then ye men of lesser States,
Are men not slaves?
For you depend on them for Help,
A Fallout with them is like,
Walking on destruction’s Path.
For their freedom is a slavery Of class,
One accepted by all men.
But if freedom be freedom,
Then let us put away Garments of falsehood,
That seeks to control others And enrich self,
Under disguise of unity.
But let us with hands Together,
In a bond of trust,
Work to rid the world of evil,
Work to restore peace to the World,
As it once was.
If freedom preached by the House of nations be true,
Then let them show the World by vivid actions.
Till then I’ll say’
Freedom is not freedom.
Melody Thaila Kuku's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Freedom Is Not Yet Freedom by Melody Thaila Kuku )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- A Crying Shame, Anthony Daniels
- Crystal Consciousness, Margaret Alice Second
- Invest the present, gajanan mishra
- Free Gaff! !, Damian Murphy
- Blizzards are not snows, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- w0rk ya mAjiK - (Selah (take a moment to.., sEaN nOrTh
- At the End of the Rainbow, Reagan A. Latumbo
- yeah you got all the answers i know - an.., sEaN nOrTh
- Life-death bicycle, gajanan mishra
- Broken Not Forgotten, Melissa Furey