Freedom in hand
It is great day
But with different way
I am confined to home
None is here to see and welcome
What a plight for countrymen?
Is this one can be called good omen
Where in reality no freedom
The word speaks of boredom
Everybody is granted freedom
But not to all seldom
It is not memorable occasion
Yet there is good cause for celebration
People are killed in broad day light
For livelihood they have to fight
Perish on road and nothing to heave sigh
Freedom far away to fly
The power hungry people have sway
They have carried everything away
People are helplessly watching
The death is alarmingly reaching
What shall I celebrate?
Freedom for sake to state
What else is there to relate?
Freedom in hand but liberty is at gate
hasmukh amathalal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Freedom in hand by hasmukh amathalal )
Did you read them?
- The CPI(M) , The Aim & Motive of It (The.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rings I Have Worn, Susan Lacovara
- Is The CPI(M) Itself Good And Gentle?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath