So soon comes the night
Covering the earth from the light
Conscious shadows forming everywhere,
Casting doubt, imposing fear.
Into our subconscious
Come uncontrollable dreams,
Now in torment,
Confined within this prison of the night,
The dark is at war with the light.
Freedom is a dream dressed all in white
Comes with the dawn, flees with the night.
Angle like face, fading gradually in the mist,
Awakens the earth with the ease of a kiss.
mai venn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Freedom by mai venn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- art uncle jude, binod bastola
- happy birthday to you, shubham sutar
- Flying together, Nalini Chaturvedi
- fight back for you, shubham sutar
- Indulgence, Angela Khristin Brown
- Inspiration of Infancy, Chris Jax
- Assorted Interpretations, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Devil To Do A Deed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Walking On The Sea, Saiom Shriver
- Flying Snail, Saiom Shriver