Are peole and citizens beggars?
Why are you giving them
Laptops, fans, grinders, cycles, mobiles
Television sets, rice, gold thalis free
O leaders, what for these corrupt practices?
Whose materials whose money? you are giving to helpless
To fetch votes from them why?
O, learders, play within the level.
Surely you involve yourselfs in malpractice
And showing same path to others
Remember, powers, positions are not for all days
Remember, people in general are not foolish, bogus
Remember, They would teach you a lesson in due course
Promises are good for the doing better works
But distributing articles to catch votes definitely worst
For the smooth functioning of democratice system.
gajanan mishra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Freebies Promise by gajanan mishra )
Did you read them?
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner
- Lives short lived, nick feiner
- Waiting to bloom, nick feiner
- Woman Or Mermaid?, Marcondes Pereira
- Gliding through life, nick feiner
- Angels and Demons, nick feiner
- Love is, hasmukh amathalal