Free Like A Bird
Freedom is like a bird;
It is the wind that cools your face,
The sun burning on your skin
When the only place left
Is nature and the rest.
Liberty is your voice,
The one who was finally heard.
It is the thought that says
You will never be chased again;
It is that feeling
That lets you trust,
But that at the same time
Was created by not trusting too much.
Freedom is when you can run,
When you can grab a hand
And not feel trapped.
Freedom is not
When someone likes you,
But when you
Karen GonzalezVidela's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Free Like A Bird by Karen GonzalezVidela )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- chemical shed, lee fones
- My Friend Forever, Margaret Alice Second
- Sometimes I am afraid, BrokenHeartPheko Motaung
- সময়(Time), Avik Datta Gupta
- Lieu Time, Francie Lynch
- When The Heart Bleeds, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- Many Crooked Cops are Shooting and Killing, Hebert Logerie
- My First Love, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- To Record What Is Kept, Naveed Akram
- Rumour, Humphrey Bryant