You won't receive anything from me,
So stare—I don't care.
Your visions are incomplete.
Go ahead and gossip down hallway stairs.
There are those who don't prefer to be free;
Society's chains to them are pleasant dreams.
I rather avoid the nightmarish scenes
Involving being tied to those called "family."
Our definitions differ, Can't you see?
Nature's goal is to blossom, not to cease.
If a rose by the river is surrounded by weeds,
Should we let it wither because they all share leaves?
Edwin Cordero's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Free by Edwin Cordero )
- Lightened In Dawn, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Kansas City Royals vs San Francisco Gian.., miami dupli
- Dispersion, ramesh rai
- Know This To Notice, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Press1, Harold R Hunt Sr
- BSU pride By Bo-Edward Lawrence, Bo Edward Lawrence
- Dandelions, Buddy Bee Anthony
- The Bird, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Essence Of Another Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Zion By Bo-Edward Lawrence, Bo Edward Lawrence
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)