Fourteen More Days: by 'jeff siegel' (My Birthday gift)
In fourteen more days, you will have been grown.
Gone from the hearth that has always been home.
Is it my heart or fear that wish you to stay?
Only time can say in fourteen more days.
In fourteen more days, a heartbeat to me.
Time, a fiend, how could I forsee?
How quickly you move, without any delays,
My soul for trade, to slow these fourteen more days.
In fourteen more days, a woman you'll be.
With beauty and reason granted to thee.
With kindness and virtue, this they all say.
So selfish am I to keep it this way?
In fourteen more days, a shadow is what lies in your bed.
To hear the cock crow, now is to know,
I love you is what often should've been said.
In fourteen more days, I wish you the best.
With dreams in your bags, you'll be leaving the nest.
But to embrace the child is what I now pray.
And to keep her as such for fourteen more days.
Aya Nasr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Fourteen More Days: by 'jeff siegel' (My Birthday gift) by Aya Nasr )
- An ugly sniper, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- AAA, Vera Sidhwa
- my love to you is simple, James Berth
- Ebola, Stephen Wylie
- To the occupied lands' people, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- colorblind, James Berth
- Why Didn't They Meet?, Lora Colon
- Longing for Love, Brenda Harris
- closed shop, lee fones
- Gentle Night The wick Has Burned, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A child said, What is the grass?, Walt Whitman
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)