Fourteen More Days: by 'jeff siegel' (My Birthday gift)
In fourteen more days, you will have been grown.
Gone from the hearth that has always been home.
Is it my heart or fear that wish you to stay?
Only time can say in fourteen more days.
In fourteen more days, a heartbeat to me.
Time, a fiend, how could I forsee?
How quickly you move, without any delays,
My soul for trade, to slow these fourteen more days.
In fourteen more days, a woman you'll be.
With beauty and reason granted to thee.
With kindness and virtue, this they all say.
So selfish am I to keep it this way?
In fourteen more days, a shadow is what lies in your bed.
To hear the cock crow, now is to know,
I love you is what often should've been said.
In fourteen more days, I wish you the best.
With dreams in your bags, you'll be leaving the nest.
But to embrace the child is what I now pray.
And to keep her as such for fourteen more days.
Aya Nasr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Fourteen More Days: by 'jeff siegel' (My Birthday gift) by Aya Nasr )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Before you've brush your teeth, Mark Heathcote
- Arrival, Tony Adah
- Nigeria I Hail Thee, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- Her Smile, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- ©Getting Over You, Bandile Matsenjwa
- Lost and Found (one f word at the end), Anthony Di'anno
- raining in scotland, ko the skipper
- THE BLACK MAN WITH A KNIFE, johnny case
- I don't know if I know me, Logan Fulk
- Frustration, courtney metcalf