Do you ever stop and just wonder
How things could have been?
When we came to that fork in the road
And we had the decision to settle or let go
We stared at the sunset as I laid in your arms on the grass
And before I drifted asleep, you turned to me
Looked me in the eyes and told me 'you are worth it.'
I had never felt that kind of security before
You were the light that shined forward
Through all the dimmest places in my life.
I could not have imagined a better friend
A greater lover, or a more exceptional person
To share those four years of my life with.
Your smile, your eyes, your laughter, your being
Will forever fill me. As there always exists
A place in my heart for memories of you to reside.
But now you are a chapter in my story
And I have to keep writing on.
Mikey Bachman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Four Years by Mikey Bachman )
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul
- Empty Skies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- wholesome girl, Brit Thompson
- An Indian English Poet, His Father Was N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- On The Way Down, Shalom Freedman
- Beyond Beautiful, greg paul
- Winterchill, Richard Provencher
- Jungle of the English Language, Ken e Hall
- I was Dreaming, Oduro Bright Amoh
- puzzle, kkc bba