Four Letter Words (Adult Language)
Four letter words are part of common life,
Utilitarian in their own way.
Crucial when describing edges of strife,
Kenspeckled scratches wherever they lay.
Should they be written in poetic verse?
Hellenists' may swoon or burst through their roof,
Ixion though must have spat the odd curse,
Truthfulness begets the language of truth.
Where words are not the whole being of man,
And fair fragility does not divide.
Neither does using them all that one can,
Kindle or extinguish fires deep inside.
After all they are just words often said,
Sometimes spitting them forth clears out one's head.
Anthony Di'anno's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Four Letter Words (Adult Language) by Anthony Di'anno )
Did you read them?
- When Negligence falls in love!, Beloufa Chahra
- Over And Out Of Your Life, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Mosque, Wani Rahil
- A Vision, nadia abduljabbar
- Distance, Beloufa Chahra
- Child's Grace, Randy McClave
- The Many Worlds Of Multiverses, Is It Poetry
- Meaningful Treasures, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Control, Garrett Doff
- Thoughts, Garrett Doff
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Negro Mother, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)