Four Letter Words (Adult Language)
Four letter words are part of common life,
Utilitarian in their own way.
Crucial when describing edges of strife,
Kenspeckled scratches wherever they lay.
Should they be written in poetic verse?
Hellenists' may swoon or burst through their roof,
Ixion though must have spat the odd curse,
Truthfulness begets the language of truth.
Where words are not the whole being of man,
And fair fragility does not divide.
Neither does using them all that one can,
Kindle or extinguish fires deep inside.
After all they are just words often said,
Sometimes spitting them forth clears out one's head.
Anthony Di'anno's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Four Letter Words (Adult Language) by Anthony Di'anno )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Let's Think About Humanity, Prodip Kumar
- On My Father's Yortsayt, Abraham Sutzkever
- The Bottom Line, Abraham Sutzkever
- Inside Me, Abraham Sutzkever
- नोँनि हाइनायाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Paris 1988, Abraham Sutzkever
- Remembrances Of Others, Abraham Sutzkever
- Everything But God, Anne Pierson Wiese
- All Night Long, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Tell Me, Anne Pierson Wiese