Founder of Sounder
Created equal are all men,
Endowed by certain rights by God -
Life and liberty wrote his pen,
Pursuit of happiness he jawed.
Thomas Jefferson, founder of
Using the words that formed the dream.
We the People should rise above
The history of human scheme.
Power of words still are today
Used to hide power of control.
The leaders still will ever say
Whatever keeps their power whole.
Not by words, but how one behaves -
Thomas Jefferson did own slaves.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Founder of Sounder by Ima Ryma )
- What is Karma?, DOMINIC K V
- Flower Vendor, DOMINIC K V
- Winter´s Sunshine, Peter S. Quinn
- Another World, Bareerah Bilal
- I am so unfortunate, gajanan mishra
- Assign All Guilt, Margaret Alice Second
- Find everything, gajanan mishra
- Art Is My True Love, Rohit Sapra
- Give no title, hasmukh amathalal
- Pause, Don Tiedemann
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)