Blackened darkness all around, with no-one here to make a sound,
And through the bruise you search for light, someone to hear your cries at night.
But no-one sees through tight shut eyes, and blissfully they hear your lies.
Please speak to me, and listen hard, I won’t tell you through splintered guard.
Hold me close. Don’t let go now. I can’t see life. I don’t know how.
You fight and pull and grasp at bliss. You fight this never ending kiss.
And on the other side you see, the person you so longed to be
Through pain and suffering you fly, you knew you could enjoy this high.
But now you see the precious sun, to have the brightness slowly come,
Into your life it opens wide, and you no longer have to hide.
Many want your sullen burn, many wait until their turn.
Others steal and scratch and bite, to have an inch of warming light.
But please hold now to what you fought, this radiance cannot be taught,
So turn your back on all who know, who want to bask inside your glow.
Run away, don’t look behind. Wait for the one that’s worth the find.
And there it is. So simply done.
The one you know can steal your sun.
Don’t look too closely, don’t hold too tight.
Don’t let this mind destroy your light.
Be careful now. The shadow’s here.
Wait until the air is clear.
Don’t rush, don’t break, don’t wait to ache.
Don’t wait until it’s all too late.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Found Alone by Terri Louise )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Day Haiku Form 575, Ronald Chapman
- A.Blok, To Yury Verkhovensky - Translati.., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, To Valery Bryusov - Translation .., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, To Vladimir Bestuzhev - Translat.., Lyudmila Purgina
- Ice Storm, Ronald Chapman
- A.Pushkin, To a portrait of Zhukovsky - .., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Pushkin, To Zhukovsky - translation (r.., Lyudmila Purgina
- RUINS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A.Blok, To Vyacheslav Ivanov - Translati.., Lyudmila Purgina
- Contour Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak