Blackened darkness all around, with no-one here to make a sound,
And through the bruise you search for light, someone to hear your cries at night.
But no-one sees through tight shut eyes, and blissfully they hear your lies.
Please speak to me, and listen hard, I won’t tell you through splintered guard.
Hold me close. Don’t let go now. I can’t see life. I don’t know how.
You fight and pull and grasp at bliss. You fight this never ending kiss.
And on the other side you see, the person you so longed to be
Through pain and suffering you fly, you knew you could enjoy this high.
But now you see the precious sun, to have the brightness slowly come,
Into your life it opens wide, and you no longer have to hide.
Many want your sullen burn, many wait until their turn.
Others steal and scratch and bite, to have an inch of warming light.
But please hold now to what you fought, this radiance cannot be taught,
So turn your back on all who know, who want to bask inside your glow.
Run away, don’t look behind. Wait for the one that’s worth the find.
And there it is. So simply done.
The one you know can steal your sun.
Don’t look too closely, don’t hold too tight.
Don’t let this mind destroy your light.
Be careful now. The shadow’s here.
Wait until the air is clear.
Don’t rush, don’t break, don’t wait to ache.
Don’t wait until it’s all too late.
Terri Louise's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Found Alone by Terri Louise )
- Hoping For The Best, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 'what color is it? ' they thought, after.., Mandolyn ...
- mary the narcoleptic shepherd, joni frog
- First Encounter - khairy Jamaluddin, john tiong chunghoo
- Laugh And Chuckle, Harold R Hunt Sr
- In success, hasmukh amathalal
- You are not allowed, gajanan mishra
- Liaison, hasmukh amathalal
- Coming To Light, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sally With Arachnophobia ..... [SPIDERS.., Bri Edwards
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)