Blackened darkness all around, with no-one here to make a sound,
And through the bruise you search for light, someone to hear your cries at night.
But no-one sees through tight shut eyes, and blissfully they hear your lies.
Please speak to me, and listen hard, I won’t tell you through splintered guard.
Hold me close. Don’t let go now. I can’t see life. I don’t know how.
You fight and pull and grasp at bliss. You fight this never ending kiss.
And on the other side you see, the person you so longed to be
Through pain and suffering you fly, you knew you could enjoy this high.
But now you see the precious sun, to have the brightness slowly come,
Into your life it opens wide, and you no longer have to hide.
Many want your sullen burn, many wait until their turn.
Others steal and scratch and bite, to have an inch of warming light.
But please hold now to what you fought, this radiance cannot be taught,
So turn your back on all who know, who want to bask inside your glow.
Run away, don’t look behind. Wait for the one that’s worth the find.
And there it is. So simply done.
The one you know can steal your sun.
Don’t look too closely, don’t hold too tight.
Don’t let this mind destroy your light.
Be careful now. The shadow’s here.
Wait until the air is clear.
Don’t rush, don’t break, don’t wait to ache.
Don’t wait until it’s all too late.
Terri Louise's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Found Alone by Terri Louise )
- Silent Witness, James coupland
- A happy Farmer Family, Nishchal Ningleku
- Yes and no two words, gajanan mishra
- sister forever, yolandey breedt
- Diya (Reposted), DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Life is better shared, belinda mrwebi
- What Is It?, Leloudia Migdali
- Wald, Paola Degli Esposti
- Sex Ed, Betsy Sholl
- Creamer Quest, Antonio Liao
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)