Fortuitous Love, love poems
Truth and love, naked beauty in their arms,
taming man defeated by their charms.
On plush meadows loves youthful urges play,
the river calm, smooth daylight waning dusk,
circling slowly above coarse birds of prey
poised to kill sweet innocence with their lust.
True love discerns the vultures and the crows
steadfast it bears, unveils a tender pride,
outward it beams and passionately flows
supplanting the fragility of lies.
Fettered truths, past deceits their unkind guard,
fortuitous love now sounds escape's alarm.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fortuitous Love, love poems by Captain Cur )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Silent Rebel (baby!), Fie KroC
- The Book Tree Forest, mary douglas
- My Grandfather in Broadmoor, Little Rock.., mary douglas
- We are ALL Broken, with a Capital F, Monk E. Biz
- 'The Fallen Angel', Wolfie Scott
- Impressions of Garcia-Lorca on the Piano.., mary douglas
- PATIENCE, Stanley Oguh
- Last Words of A Dying Poet, Monica Lanier
- Wabi Sabi, wabi sabi
- Papier Mache, How Lovely Was the World, mary douglas