Forgiving Myself Is Hard
Woke up this morning to the grey light of dawn,
a restless night of memories
still spinning around in my head,
I wanted to shake them free
and forgive myself for everything
in my life I had done wrong.
Forgiveness is easy towards others
for what they had done to me,
but forgiving me is hard
for the outrages I had done,
my signature on papers
condemning innocents to eternal peace.
Their memories live with me
to cause me constant torment
for those things I had done.
No one blames me
only I can’t forgive myself
and probably never will.
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Forgiving Myself Is Hard by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Tick Tock, Michael Mira
- Love Burns, Khairul Ahsan
- Whispers, Mihaela Pirjol
- For Your Family Pride, Are You Going To .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Tears of A Woman, Who Can Underatnd .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love Is A Groovy Thing, Electric Lady
- I Think, tallulah montegue
- Fill Free, Teye Wayoe Ebenezer
- The Unabridged Treaty, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Fron(t) s, Leylek D. Sovura