paddy d daly
On the first day I forgave God,
I was happy.
Lying in my bed, I said,
Not god forgive me but I
For what you put me through,
And all my people,
past present and future
and for what you might do,
I forgive you....
I think of Jesus,
Prancing around Galilee,
pretending to fight the romans
and pretending not to,
Speaking in parables, which
I call, 'sitting on the fence'
No more god than I am
'Jesus' is what I say
when I see something
I cant believe in, , ,
Never moved, still lying in my bed,
I have a vision, Three stories up
in an attic bed,
Stretched and stiff,
God is Dead.
paddy d daly's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Forgiving God by paddy d daly )
- If They Could Talk, Oh!, Luis Estable
- I DO NOT HAVE ANY WORD ليس عندي اية كلمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Beaufort Docks, Kyle Schlicher
- Get Back To Those Books, Ronell Warren Alman
- Llama Looks Up, Warren Falcon
- Mad Cow Gelatin, Saiom Shriver
- My Wish One Day, But..., Luis Estable
- Now That I Love You, abigail sikwenda
- AMALFI COAST, Elia Michael
- My Lover`s Lips Are Honey, Luis Estable