Forgive me for I have sinned A prayer of faith
This is a new beginning.
The day we celebrate Christmas the birth of Hope.
Forgive me Father for I am a sinner.
Forgive me for my sins and my transgressions.
For I am a lost soul wondering this world.
Thank you for being a forgiving and loving God
Because you know I am human
And therefore you know I will fail many times
My judgments and decisions are not always right
I am not perfect and will make many mistakes
The path I walk is flawed and full of trickery
A dark maze of confusion and lies
Unless I follow you I will never see the light
I have let a lot of loved ones down
May they forgive me
May this new year be a reflection of the past
May I let you guide me and strengthen me
Through Christ as my savior may I overcome
Thank you Lord for giving me a second chance
A second chance to become who you destined me to be
Every day you give us a chance to change
To be Christ like
And for that I thank you
Because everyday I fall
I fall because I lose sight of you
I fall because I try to live my life without you
I fall because I forget about the Truth
So today I want to be a better man
I will focus on You and let Christ be my warrior to carry me through.
I will focus on the light and not the darkness
I will give my weaknesses to Jesus and let Him protect me from the dark path that lays before me
He will be my beacon of hope and faith
So I may not be lost anymore.
Dimitri Jagodinski's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forgive me for I have sinned A prayer of faith by Dimitri Jagodinski )
Did you read them?
- There are veins of gold embedded, Little Eagle McGowan
- Yours Desire for High Sky, Aftab Alam
- Oh, The Cautious Heart, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Torrential Downpour, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- bo-tox, lee fones
- Music The Heart's Harp Sings, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Opposite Worlds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Demain, Randy Resh
- A disease......, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Your Loving Words, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Wait, Galway Kinnell
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1927)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)