Forgive me for I have sinned A prayer of faith
This is a new beginning.
The day we celebrate Christmas the birth of Hope.
Forgive me Father for I am a sinner.
Forgive me for my sins and my transgressions.
For I am a lost soul wondering this world.
Thank you for being a forgiving and loving God
Because you know I am human
And therefore you know I will fail many times
My judgments and decisions are not always right
I am not perfect and will make many mistakes
The path I walk is flawed and full of trickery
A dark maze of confusion and lies
Unless I follow you I will never see the light
I have let a lot of loved ones down
May they forgive me
May this new year be a reflection of the past
May I let you guide me and strengthen me
Through Christ as my savior may I overcome
Thank you Lord for giving me a second chance
A second chance to become who you destined me to be
Every day you give us a chance to change
To be Christ like
And for that I thank you
Because everyday I fall
I fall because I lose sight of you
I fall because I try to live my life without you
I fall because I forget about the Truth
So today I want to be a better man
I will focus on You and let Christ be my warrior to carry me through.
I will focus on the light and not the darkness
I will give my weaknesses to Jesus and let Him protect me from the dark path that lays before me
He will be my beacon of hope and faith
So I may not be lost anymore.
Dimitri Jagodinski's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forgive me for I have sinned A prayer of faith by Dimitri Jagodinski )
Did you read them?
- Feisty seed of love, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Precious Corral Of your Heart, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The son's gratitude, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love all ones is a myth., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Mixture Of Interior Knowledge, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Like normal man, hasmukh amathalal
- ~The Place Where Dreams Die~, E Nigma
- They all, hasmukh amathalal
- Within Poetical Interludes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Look In Your Ear - Haiku, Robert Eckstein
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)