Like puff of smoke you went away
One moment near then far away.
There is a hollow space where my heart should be
Words can give more pain, now can you see?
I know what my mistake was
I have said sorry of course
Still you didn’t talk to me
Forgive me- I plead to you falling on my knee
Just give me one last chance to talk to you,
I will tell you everything I ever wanted to.
Just give me one last chance to admire you,
So that like a sweet memory I can remember you.
Please don’t ignore me,
Let the past be.
Give me one last chance and forgive me,
My soul cries out to you, can you see?
Aditi Khandelwal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forgive Me by Aditi Khandelwal )
- Don't ever in public, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Somewhere in time, Mark Heathcote
- The wind brings warning, xeno drone
- My nature is to write, gajanan mishra
- Two Rings, Shannon Paterson
- Dreams Incarnate, Dylan Engelbrecht
- The Rose, Neela Nath
- No one to question, hasmukh amathalal
- She does, hasmukh amathalal
- Multi-dimensional; heavens?, Mark Heathcote
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)