Forget to Remember
If one day you plan on forgetting me:
Focus on not remembering,
when your hands clenched mine
as we marched the street-less sidewalks.
Or how your lips sealed mine,
when words could not
describe the synch of our thoughts.
Forget the filler words in those page-less books we read,
only concealing honest lies of foreign love affairs.
Happy endings that only shaped my dreams to a distorted reality.
But most importantly,
forget the time you wasted pursuing a failed goal.
Think not of reminiscing as you read these words.
Remember, I forgot already.
Alejandra Berber's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Forget to remember
By: Alejandra Berber
Comments about this poem (Forget to Remember by Alejandra Berber )
- Fuzzy Fellow, Patrick Czyz
- Feel a human life!, Somanathan Iyer
- Last night, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Erotic Haiku, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Poetry Is Where You Find It IV, Frank Avon
- As major, hasmukh amathalal
- last spring, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Open it happily, hasmukh amathalal
- Footless though, gajanan mishra
- One reason, hasmukh amathalal