Forget to Remember
If one day you plan on forgetting me:
Focus on not remembering,
when your hands clenched mine
as we marched the street-less sidewalks.
Or how your lips sealed mine,
when words could not
describe the synch of our thoughts.
Forget the filler words in those page-less books we read,
only concealing honest lies of foreign love affairs.
Happy endings that only shaped my dreams to a distorted reality.
But most importantly,
forget the time you wasted pursuing a failed goal.
Think not of reminiscing as you read these words.
Remember, I forgot already.
Alejandra Berber's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Forget to remember
By: Alejandra Berber
Comments about this poem (Forget to Remember by Alejandra Berber )
- Granite City, Ron Slate
- General Sweeney Dies at 84, Ron Slate
- Respect the truth, men, gajanan mishra
- Respect truth, gajanan mishra
- Reunion, Ron Slate
- Save Your Questions, David Griebel
- Comfort, Alexandra Motschmann
- ISIS and Anti-terror victory, Alexandra Motschmann
- Strange Coincidence, Khairul Ahsan
- THE WRINKLED YOUNG LADY, Visato Kiso
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(3 June 1926 – 5 April 1997)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)