Forget to Remember
If one day you plan on forgetting me:
Focus on not remembering,
when your hands clenched mine
as we marched the street-less sidewalks.
Or how your lips sealed mine,
when words could not
describe the synch of our thoughts.
Forget the filler words in those page-less books we read,
only concealing honest lies of foreign love affairs.
Happy endings that only shaped my dreams to a distorted reality.
But most importantly,
forget the time you wasted pursuing a failed goal.
Think not of reminiscing as you read these words.
Remember, I forgot already.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Forget to remember
By: Alejandra Berber
Comments about this poem (Forget to Remember by Alejandra Berber )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Boy on a swift fence, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- I preach peace, hasmukh amathalal
- हम क्यों ज्यादा आग्रही और हठी है ham kyo, hasmukh amathalal
- Here is to an Endless Musing, James Darwin Smith II
- Puppetry, Naveed Khalid
- Clover, Naveed Khalid
- Me, Tony Adah
- The darkness of depression, Katharine Wonham
- Believe In Love, Naveed Akram
- When You Speak to Your God, Robert Kane