Forget all those times when he said 'I love you'
because he is saying them to her.
Forget about all the presents he gave you
because he is giving them to her.
Forget about all those memorable times you once shared
because he is making new ones with her.
Forget about how he made you feel
because he is making her feel like a princess.
Forget that he ever existed or you ever met him
because he forgot you ever existed.
Forget that you met him yesterday in the street
because he acted as though he didn't know you.
Forget about the night of passion you once shared
because it was his plan all along.
Forget that this baby means that you two will reconcile
because he doesn't give a damn.
Forget about him and move on
because he moved on long ago.
Forget he once loved you or that he felt anything for you
because he never meant to fall in love with you.
Written: 26 December 2011
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Forget by Jason Kooper )
- People's eyes, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Every letter has its own address المكتوب.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Forlorn, Katinka Havermans
- From Creation To Extravagance, Naveed Akram
- Everlasting, Michael McParland
- Lonely Only, Sunny Chopra
- When it comes to money, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Psalm V, George Herbert
- Open well., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Halloween Meant For Fun, Katherine Nordhaus
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)