Forget all those times when he said 'I love you'
because he is saying them to her.
Forget about all the presents he gave you
because he is giving them to her.
Forget about all those memorable times you once shared
because he is making new ones with her.
Forget about how he made you feel
because he is making her feel like a princess.
Forget that he ever existed or you ever met him
because he forgot you ever existed.
Forget that you met him yesterday in the street
because he acted as though he didn't know you.
Forget about the night of passion you once shared
because it was his plan all along.
Forget that this baby means that you two will reconcile
because he doesn't give a damn.
Forget about him and move on
because he moved on long ago.
Forget he once loved you or that he felt anything for you
because he never meant to fall in love with you.
Written: 26 December 2011
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Forget by Jason Kooper )
- 如果爱是守候, qin xing
- Strife, Md. Asadullah
- 'MY FAMILY', paul fornillos
- ~ Eyes ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Panama Canal, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out At Pelletier's, Edgar Albert Guest
- Contrary Sary, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pixley Folks, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out In The Open, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Worry-Chaser, Edgar Albert Guest