Palas Kumar Ray
Before the clock was set to count our smile
Together we traveled. We traveled for a mile.
Before the clock was set to count our tear
We traveled for a mile before no one could hear.
Before one could even stare, we could only see
through each other's eyes beneath the lonely tree.
Face to face we sat, eye to eye would state
hand to hand would walk, soul to soul would mate.
Back to back we sat, far afar would stare
ear to ear would sing, song to song would fare
What we would not say, we could only hear
We could only feel, what we would not fear.
Before the clock was set to count our bygone day
We would travel in morrow, we would together play.
Before the clock was set to count our unheard prayer
We would together pray, we would together share.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forbidden Love by Palas Kumar Ray )
- Water has central place, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL