My Guru forbade me
To touch you, ever!
But I was allowed to
See you, talk to you,
Stand close to you,
Less any maneuver.
So did I do, got close to you
And talked my heart out.
Didn't touch you,
Though I wanted to,
As you kept smiling at me
My Guru forbade me
To come near you and
But he gave me an allowance
Of just a yard's distance,
From nose to nose.
I was still much happy
As I could communicate
Audibly and visually.
But my Guru was not willing
To allow a romance so thrilling
To go on indefinitely.
Finally, my Guru forbade me
To be in your proximity,
Even to see you from afar.
So in my dreams I started
Seeing you as I wanted,
With no Guru standing near.
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
02 February 2014
Comments about this poem (Forbidden Fruit by Khairul Ahsan )
Did you read them?
- weird smells, lee fones
- Truth, Jonathan H. Scott
- Hindi haiku - diwali, S.D. TIWARI
- You, With Your Wild Strawberries, Will N.., mary douglas
- A jumping bean, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A bean, Harold R Hunt Sr
- There are heroes, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Love counts the hours, Mark Heathcote
- My Deck, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A trip to rotgut, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)