My Guru forbade me
To touch you, ever!
But I was allowed to
See you, talk to you,
Stand close to you,
Less any maneuver.
So did I do, got close to you
And talked my heart out.
Didn't touch you,
Though I wanted to,
As you kept smiling at me
My Guru forbade me
To come near you and
But he gave me an allowance
Of just a yard's distance,
From nose to nose.
I was still much happy
As I could communicate
Audibly and visually.
But my Guru was not willing
To allow a romance so thrilling
To go on indefinitely.
Finally, my Guru forbade me
To be in your proximity,
Even to see you from afar.
So in my dreams I started
Seeing you as I wanted,
With no Guru standing near.
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
02 February 2014
Comments about this poem (Forbidden Fruit by Khairul Ahsan )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Snip!, Lawrence Beck
- Today I learned that I am an orphan - Th.., Desiree Jacobsen
- To Glorify Jesus, Tom Zart
- I only scribed dirge but she killed thee.., Sir Toby Moses
- I only scribed a dirge but she killed th.., Sir Toby Moses
- Imitation., Tony Adah
- Stupid Wife, kassem oude
- Suicide Note., Tony Adah
- Everything Nothing, Ruby Honeytip
- I Lost My Heart A Time Ago, Valerie Dohren