He counts the Yes
in her No's
with a teasing smile
and choose their trajectory
beyond the ‘outlawed'
rights and wrongs
which was termed so
in a momentary impulse
and lust affixes its signature of love
on the liquid hopes that are awake.
News of his overseas job
puckers her face into a frown
for the onus she alone owns
and she stands with charred dreams
bathing his gusto with her tears.
Pankajam Kottarath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forbidden Fruit by Pankajam Kottarath )
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver