...'For Young Lungs to Be Coughing Up Blood'
Dilated pupils twitch,
From one peripheral standpoint
To the other.
I am reminded of a fly.
Striking the window,
Curious as to why the outside is a sight
And not a touch.
I am telling the
Intelligence is not conducive
To childhood wonderment.
That's a choke in the ambition to age.
When the Proper Authorities
Break the door off the rusted hinges
And scatter splinters on panicked mindsets,
Save a shout for enslavement.
For a life of failed opportunity
Will soon grip the heart
Like handcuffs on trembling wrists.
I am not paranoid.
I am afraid.
Our civilized world gifts punishment to the suffering.
It hands acquittals to rapists because talk is cheap.
The Public Defender is the cleverest investor
Of them all.
Directing lives to help pay for wars and censorship.
But I am not saying
Just have the upper-hand.
But we have right
Exemplified by justice.
Someday the State Capital
Will expose itself as to what it truly is,
An opium den.
*title is a reference to The Libertines
Time For Heroes
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (...'For Young Lungs to Be Coughing Up Blood' by A.j. Binash )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I broke your heart, shubham sutar
- I APOLGIZE FOR YOU انا بعتذرلك, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- art uncle jude, binod bastola
- happy birthday to you, shubham sutar
- Flying together, Nalini Chaturvedi
- fight back for you, shubham sutar
- Indulgence, Angela Khristin Brown
- Inspiration of Infancy, Chris Jax
- Assorted Interpretations, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Devil To Do A Deed, Lawrence S. Pertillar