For the Newlyweds
We gather here today to witness
In fact two dearly beloveds.
Witnessed by God,
Symbolized through precious metal and stone,
And held together through love and faith.
Perfection sealed under a roof of God.
Watch, listen, and learn, dearly beloved.
Let love be your eyes, ears, and mind.
And always know this:
“The greatest lesson you’ll ever learn in life,
Is to love and be loved in return.”
Because there is no illness enough love cannot heal,
There is no quarrel enough love cannot solve,
And there is no error enough love cannot fix.
Love, and you will be the happiest person alive.
Eli MorenoDrew's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For the Newlyweds by Eli MorenoDrew )
- O women, gajanan mishra
- Storm, Md. Asadullah
- To Fall, Morgan Michaels
- Folks You Can't Forget, Donal Mahoney
- Sara, Birgitta Heikka
- ZZ Ebola Seen In Light Of The 1976 Swine.., Saiom Shriver
- As a salesman, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Eyes Lock, Saiom Shriver
- Gods Will Be Watching, Kaio Clark
- Midnight Conversation in a Bar, Donal Mahoney
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)