Ace Of Black Hearts
For The Better.
Shaking off the dust.
Remembering how water creates the rust.
A chemical mastery.
Dreams, Ambitions, Premonitions.
I have been here before.
Can you see that scribble of a line.
Thats me small and insignificant.
I don't want your recognition.
Forgotten son oh what has he become.
Do you even remember me now?
Probably in a bar sitting drinking the past away.
Pain is my strength, love is my light.
I haven't forgot but I have done my best to move on.
No guidance for children walking so blind.
I was one of them.
And look at what I have become, look what I didn't do to a child of mine.
Abandon in the pouring rain.
Or at least it seemed that way.
Blurry are my visions of how it really ended.
I was only six.
The why could never satisfy.
Excuses just breed hate, with indifference I have my scars.
As if my face is ragged and marred.
A fortune in a jar.
But it's not mine.
That is somebody else I no longer know that person.
A inner reflection, a changed man and just maybe its for the better.
Let my actions reflect the consequence.
Responsibility where did I exactly learn that.
Not from you, no not from you.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For The Better. by Ace Of Black Hearts )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
Poem of the Day
- Human Touch, Mark R Slaughter
- Fishing Village, sheena blackhall
- Skull, Mark R Slaughter
- La Plonge, sheena blackhall
- On Waking, Rodrigo Diaz
- Death of the Hares, sheena blackhall
- 10 Scots poems from the Poetry Hat, sheena blackhall
- Queen Patrenialla - Part 3 Page 2, QueenPatrenia Turner, Royalt ..
- Whispers in the Dark, Adeosun Olamide
- Slipping, Sliding, Ann Clark