Ace Of Black Hearts
For The Better.
Shaking off the dust.
Remembering how water creates the rust.
A chemical mastery.
Dreams, Ambitions, Premonitions.
I have been here before.
Can you see that scribble of a line.
Thats me small and insignificant.
I don't want your recognition.
Forgotten son oh what has he become.
Do you even remember me now?
Probably in a bar sitting drinking the past away.
Pain is my strength, love is my light.
I haven't forgot but I have done my best to move on.
No guidance for children walking so blind.
I was one of them.
And look at what I have become, look what I didn't do to a child of mine.
Abandon in the pouring rain.
Or at least it seemed that way.
Blurry are my visions of how it really ended.
I was only six.
The why could never satisfy.
Excuses just breed hate, with indifference I have my scars.
As if my face is ragged and marred.
A fortune in a jar.
But it's not mine.
That is somebody else I no longer know that person.
A inner reflection, a changed man and just maybe its for the better.
Let my actions reflect the consequence.
Responsibility where did I exactly learn that.
Not from you, no not from you.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For The Better. by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- Another World, Bareerah Bilal
- I am so unfortunate, gajanan mishra
- Assign All Guilt, Margaret Alice Second
- Find everything, gajanan mishra
- Art Is My True Love, Rohit Sapra
- Give no title, hasmukh amathalal
- Pause, Don Tiedemann
- A pitcher of poison, gajanan mishra
- PM, Don Tiedemann
- Well Past Noon, Don Tiedemann
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)