Ace Of Black Hearts
For The Better.
Shaking off the dust.
Remembering how water creates the rust.
A chemical mastery.
Dreams, Ambitions, Premonitions.
I have been here before.
Can you see that scribble of a line.
Thats me small and insignificant.
I don't want your recognition.
Forgotten son oh what has he become.
Do you even remember me now?
Probably in a bar sitting drinking the past away.
Pain is my strength, love is my light.
I haven't forgot but I have done my best to move on.
No guidance for children walking so blind.
I was one of them.
And look at what I have become, look what I didn't do to a child of mine.
Abandon in the pouring rain.
Or at least it seemed that way.
Blurry are my visions of how it really ended.
I was only six.
The why could never satisfy.
Excuses just breed hate, with indifference I have my scars.
As if my face is ragged and marred.
A fortune in a jar.
But it's not mine.
That is somebody else I no longer know that person.
A inner reflection, a changed man and just maybe its for the better.
Let my actions reflect the consequence.
Responsibility where did I exactly learn that.
Not from you, no not from you.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For The Better. by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- Science and Religion, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- ............. Traveling To Meet Minor In.., Is It Poetry
- So Much More, Sandra Feldman
- 157. An Ex's Word Is Easily Broken, John Westlake
- Kiss Me, Adriana Avilaa
- She Knew it was Irrational, Jacqueline Nash
- pass the offering plate, Mandolyn ...
- If Your Reflection Could Kill, Russell Nero
- The blues, blaz zigon
- Feminine Beauty, chanchal gupta
Poem of the Day
- Autumn, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)