Tonight; let there be peace
Let all killings and violence end
All hate, just let it cease
Instead of a foe, let's be a friend.
Let all guns and bombs fall silent
Let the embers of all hate burn out
To one and another let’s not be violent
Let hatred, be our last bout.
Let all greed die and turn cold
Allow prosperity and care to thrive
Compassion and charity let us behold
Let us not, only survive.
Tonight; let there be a truce
Let us together end all hostilities
Let's not accept hedonism or abuse
Just imagine, the wonderful possibilities.
Randy L. McClave
Randy McClave's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For Peace by Randy McClave )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Silent Rebel (baby!), Fie KroC
- The Book Tree Forest, mary douglas
- My Grandfather in Broadmoor, Little Rock.., mary douglas
- We are ALL Broken, with a Capital F, Monk E. Biz
- 'The Fallen Angel', Wolfie Scott
- Impressions of Garcia-Lorca on the Piano.., mary douglas
- PATIENCE, Stanley Oguh
- Last Words of A Dying Poet, Monica Lanier
- Wabi Sabi, wabi sabi
- Papier Mache, How Lovely Was the World, mary douglas