Tonight; let there be peace
Let all killings and violence end
All hate, just let it cease
Instead of a foe, let's be a friend.
Let all guns and bombs fall silent
Let the embers of all hate burn out
To one and another let’s not be violent
Let hatred, be our last bout.
Let all greed die and turn cold
Allow prosperity and care to thrive
Compassion and charity let us behold
Let us not, only survive.
Tonight; let there be a truce
Let us together end all hostilities
Let's not accept hedonism or abuse
Just imagine, the wonderful possibilities.
Randy L. McClave
Randy McClave's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For Peace by Randy McClave )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A Certain Beauty, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Brel2, David McLansky
- Untouched, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Being Enriched, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If we meet again, Mellinda Aimee Jajalla
- Wondering How To Find Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Luna ii, binod bastola
- Killings! Killings!, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Long ago and far away., richard harris
- in memory of my first and last love, LUZAAN de Bruyn