(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
For One And All
Ode those that would place their family, before their
Ode, to the soul of our nation. Women. For if it is men,
that are the history, it is surely woman, that are the soul.
Ode, to those who provide, protect and guide
their loved ones.
Ode, to those that know the difference, between
compromising and belief.
Ode, to all who give their lives, in
time of war; especially the majority, for
they are mostly, from economically challenge areas.
Ode, to a rare breed of politician, who puts their
constitutes, before their political ambitions.
Ode to those that understand, that their religion is not
necessarily the one and true religion. For if that were
true, what of the billions of others, that have chosen
a religion, not likened to theirs?
Ode, to all who react, to the plight of those less fortunate.
Ode, to the parents of this world, who teach their children
the values of life and living.
Ode, to the countless millions, who give of themselves and
ask nothing in return.
Ode, to those who consciously attempt, to make this a better world.
For if we want a better world, each of us, must try and be better.
Ode, to the power, that causes words that are lodged in the
birth canal of life...to finally be born.
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For One And All by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
- A thight rope, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Snake charmers in villages., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Frog in the Well, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- जिउनि, Ronjoy Brahma
- Prolixity., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Chance, Michael McParland
- Going Home, Douglas McClarty
- I AM THE DRAGON, Philo Yan
- Let us welcome, hasmukh amathalal
- First In My Life, Latha Krishnan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)