(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
For One And All
Ode those that would place their family, before their
Ode, to the soul of our nation. Women. For if it is men,
that are the history, it is surely woman, that are the soul.
Ode, to those who provide, protect and guide
their loved ones.
Ode, to those that know the difference, between
compromising and belief.
Ode, to all who give their lives, in
time of war; especially the majority, for
they are mostly, from economically challenge areas.
Ode, to a rare breed of politician, who puts their
constitutes, before their political ambitions.
Ode to those that understand, that their religion is not
necessarily the one and true religion. For if that were
true, what of the billions of others, that have chosen
a religion, not likened to theirs?
Ode, to all who react, to the plight of those less fortunate.
Ode, to the parents of this world, who teach their children
the values of life and living.
Ode, to the countless millions, who give of themselves and
ask nothing in return.
Ode, to those who consciously attempt, to make this a better world.
For if we want a better world, each of us, must try and be better.
Ode, to the power, that causes words that are lodged in the
birth canal of life...to finally be born.
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For One And All by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
- The Real Me, Margaret Alice Second
- kiss me hardy, george albot
- When Will I Wake, Anirudh Rawat
- Silencio en ingles, Donnie Wolff
- Our Lewd Obscene and Vulgar Episodes, Hamid Vitalis
- Life, Anirudh Rawat
- If You Stop Loving Me, Fatima Nusairat
- Rain And The Shadows, Anirudh Rawat
- Beautiful Girl, Anirudh Rawat
- Someday, Ryan Telebwe
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Gray Room, Wallace Stevens
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1644 - 1694)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)