For My Mom
When God finished his experiments
He decided to make someone perfect
Someone kind, loving, giving and sweet.
He then compared you with flowers,
You were softer.
He compared you with ocean,
Your heart was deeper.
He compared you with the sky,
You had more beauty.
He compared you with a tree,
You stood more confident.
He compared you with the cupid,
You were more loving.
He called an angel and sent you on Earth,
That day comes again today
So I wish you a very happy birthday!
Aditi Khandelwal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This was just a small gift to her from me for all her love and care...
Thank you :)
Comments about this poem (For My Mom by Aditi Khandelwal )
- 12 Paths, Edward Kofi Louis
- In The Game, Edward Kofi Louis
- Prostitutes, Leong Ming Loong
- Do you have a bird?, Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
- Frydenlund, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Limit Of Money., Tony Adah
- Haiku ' Help ', miken newman
- Part Of Nature, Edward Kofi Louis
- Hope, Khairul Ahsan
- Lawful And Right, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- November, Thomas Hood
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Robert Louis Stevenson
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)