For My Beautiful Friend, Jaylan.
At first you were merely but a pretty face,
someone who could fill my hours with laughter and smiles,
someone who would always find the time to shelter me with their words.
But alas, time, the cruel separation that divided us, had me on my knees in despair. I damn the moment, the day, that this silence between us grew, I damn the day I lost my best friend, that pretty face, that girl... you know Jaylan, that was you. So the tides have turned, fate smiles upon us both, that pretty face will allow me to laugh so forth on. At last you are still that pretty face, someone who will shatter this silence, and fill her ears and heart with the warmth of her best friends smile and laugh. I adore you Jaylan.
Mehdi Chith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For My Beautiful Friend, Jaylan. by Mehdi Chith )
- Tinnitus - New York Style, Geoffrey Fafard
- Love's Metaphor, Naveed Khalid
- Aurora, Naveed Khalid
- Mythology, Naveed Khalid
- Gifts Of Heredity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On His Metaphysics, Naveed Khalid
- Pining Daily, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mandrake, Naveed Khalid
- Breathing Easier Now, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Surge, the Night Unseen: There Is a Dawn, Aeronius D. McCoy