For My Beautiful Friend, Jaylan.
At first you were merely but a pretty face,
someone who could fill my hours with laughter and smiles,
someone who would always find the time to shelter me with their words.
But alas, time, the cruel separation that divided us, had me on my knees in despair. I damn the moment, the day, that this silence between us grew, I damn the day I lost my best friend, that pretty face, that girl... you know Jaylan, that was you. So the tides have turned, fate smiles upon us both, that pretty face will allow me to laugh so forth on. At last you are still that pretty face, someone who will shatter this silence, and fill her ears and heart with the warmth of her best friends smile and laugh. I adore you Jaylan.
Mehdi Chith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For My Beautiful Friend, Jaylan. by Mehdi Chith )
- Money, Katherine Nordhaus
- Older, Frank Avon
- A question to seasons, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Languid leman, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Tweet-tweet! I Visited a Hamlet with a G.., Harindhar Reddy
- PURITY OF SNOW., Terry Collett
- What If You Had No Beliefs? NONE!, Mr. Nobody
- Love or Sex?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- The founder is his movement's soul., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Rickshaw and the Puller, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Li Ching Chao
(1084 - 1151)
- Heather Burns