For My Beautiful Friend, Jaylan.
At first you were merely but a pretty face,
someone who could fill my hours with laughter and smiles,
someone who would always find the time to shelter me with their words.
But alas, time, the cruel separation that divided us, had me on my knees in despair. I damn the moment, the day, that this silence between us grew, I damn the day I lost my best friend, that pretty face, that girl... you know Jaylan, that was you. So the tides have turned, fate smiles upon us both, that pretty face will allow me to laugh so forth on. At last you are still that pretty face, someone who will shatter this silence, and fill her ears and heart with the warmth of her best friends smile and laugh. I adore you Jaylan.
Mehdi Chith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For My Beautiful Friend, Jaylan. by Mehdi Chith )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Wildly Spinning Dirt Clod, Monk E. Biz
- moon -haiku, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- The Right Time, Sandra Feldman
- Forces at Play, Liilia Talts Morrison
- A Kind of Vertigo, douglas scotney
- Sacaificed, Tony Ford
- Gay parade, Nassy Fesharaki
- Neighbor, Katie Doty
- department stores give me a headache, Mandolyn ...
- Secrets Hidden By The Side Of The Road, Is It Poetry