For My Beautiful Friend, Jaylan.
At first you were merely but a pretty face,
someone who could fill my hours with laughter and smiles,
someone who would always find the time to shelter me with their words.
But alas, time, the cruel separation that divided us, had me on my knees in despair. I damn the moment, the day, that this silence between us grew, I damn the day I lost my best friend, that pretty face, that girl... you know Jaylan, that was you. So the tides have turned, fate smiles upon us both, that pretty face will allow me to laugh so forth on. At last you are still that pretty face, someone who will shatter this silence, and fill her ears and heart with the warmth of her best friends smile and laugh. I adore you Jaylan.
Mehdi Chith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For My Beautiful Friend, Jaylan. by Mehdi Chith )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(November 19, 1942)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(22 July 1849 – 19 November 1887)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Deflowered Idea..., Luana Del Lobo
- Do You Love Me?, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- Jo Tum Aa Jaate Ek Bar, Mahadevi Varma
- 'Hands up, Don't Shoot' Haiku for Michae.., Chenou Liu