She is beauty surely, truly,
Though she disagrees.
Still I tell her night and day,
Till she does believe.
She is lovely, sweet and kind
One day she'll be mine.
She is art I try to paint
With each and every word.
She is poetry, the sweetest sonnet
Yet she doesn't know
So I write of her reflection
In hopes that it will show
The beauty in her hearts possession,
One day she'll come to know.
Jonathan Maldonado's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (for Jennifer... by Jonathan Maldonado )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Holly Moon
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)