(For Dónall) A Summer Day - To Dónall on his Birthday
It was a summer's day when we first met
the memories are clear - I won't forget -
traffic noise, new faces, beer and sweat -
that summer day when you and I first met.
The kilt you wore - it played its part that summer day
your naked knee on mine, I felt your strength and knew
though we sat down as strangers, my compass was reset
I could not bear to say goodbye to you.
That summer day we met, a year ago
in love we lay, in love we have remained
together we are free and both do know
in loving touch our love will be maintained.
We met amid banality and yet
we kissed and changed our courses - compasses reset
the memories are clear – I never will forget
that summer’s day when you and I first met.
Janice Windle's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((For Dónall) A Summer Day - To Dónall on his Birthday by Janice Windle )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Into The Past, Randy McClave
- Got The Feeling, Arthur Moore
- When I am alone, gajanan mishra
- Off To War, Randy McClave
- Woman's right to her child, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Which make one's beauty?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Independence Day of India 2014 (in acros.., Dr John Celes
- Bitter-Sweet Memories, Matthias Pantaleon
- Friend 2, Neela Nath
- Romantic Love, The Princess