Waltz For Zizi
For All Broken Things
It was the first time my heart was beating that fast, because of a kiss.
But you didn't realise it,
that it was my first kiss.
I think of myself sometimes, with pity, because of that.
I think of how i was
and I can't belive it.
A whole in my chest, no heart.
In my hand, a pen,
awakens the pages filled with ink.
Pushed around by the wind
most of them only touch the sky
in their attempt to reach the stars.
It makes a nice image though,
this ended love.
I just couldn't stop it alone
that's why I used the poems.
Falling in love after a single kiss,
did it make me look like a fool in your eyes?
Yea, I skipped crying.
Frankly I had no idea how to cry
I never cried
I went on with my life, I went on forward
I looked towards the stars instead of looking in her eyes again.
I never looked back.
I stopped wondering about what might have been
if I had not been poor and skinny.
And something changed inside me, something important.
I stopped feeling sorry for those girls
that run after macho guys.
I stopped being a wimp also.
I went to the gym, I learned how to fight,
because I wanted to beat the crap out of everybody.
And then I learned like an obsessed freak.
It was worth it.
I became exceptional.
I made money. A lot of money.
But it's still not nearly enough.
I still hate her.
That's what hardens me
that's what moves my heart
out of the stinking garbage
of a broken heart.
I never forgot what I told myself
when I stopped looking for her footsteps.
So, I'm gonna tell it to you too
to make you strong, to make you a beast.
'How can someone like you, cry for someone like her?
You can be so much more than what you are now.
Don't get your feet tangled in memories like a fool,
clench your fists and take it like a man.'
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For All Broken Things by Waltz For Zizi )
- It Made My Day.....(sigh), Kaila George
- Unsure About....., Kaila George
- Love, Joy, Trust & Respect, Tom Zart
- Change, Kaila George
- tempt, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Sasha said, Nassy Fesharaki
- With A Lifting Of My Leg, Is It Poetry
- Doom and Gloom, Nweke Emmanuel
- I have left my home, ramesh rai
- Turnips, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Ballad of Death, Algernon Charles Swinburne
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)