I want food
To nourish my body.
Food, the cause of my birth
My growth and nourishment
Is my birth right.
All the articles of food
Are brought about by water
The soil, I stand on, is
Also created through water.
Somehow or other, my food
My clothes and shelter have
Affinity with water.
I want water.
I want food, clothes, water
And shelter for my living.
Life is successful when I work.
I want to perform my duties.
Duties such as oblations, charity
And penance, I want to perform.
I want to renounce and relinquish
For the benefit of others.
I want to say again
The famous quote
Live and let live
I believe, this world belongs
To all and not for selfish-hoarders.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (For all by gajanan mishra )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Please 2, Michael P. McParland
- Needful, Kyle Schlicher
- Shoes, Saiom Shriver
- 3 Years Since, Michael P. McParland
- Meri Kahani, Hardik Rupapara
- An Odyssey Of Drudgery, Saiom Shriver
- *Sigh*, Michael P. McParland
- Grand Hand, Michael P. McParland
- Good Day, Man, Joseph Archer
- (Dreams) Bonding As lovers Do, Michael P. McParland