Waltz For Zizi
For A Freckled November Only
Someone crying, for a young girl's death
and another smiling, for the same cruel thing
and thanking their god, for the death he brings
upon other's offsprings.
If that keeps their own children alive,
..god doesn't seem to mind.
A heart beating, in a stranger's chest
unfamiliar with the place, it keeps beating
not minding either, if it's right or not.
Everybody seems to smile around.
The stranger's body, he knows better
he tries to reject, but the masked angels
with sharp and shiny scalpels
intoxicate his mind with drugs
to accept death's living gift.
'It's god's wish' they say to him.
'All are his wishes' the priest nods.
Should I have done the same to you,
drug you, so that you won't reject me,
like a dying stranger does
to the heart that keeps him alive? ..
..Of course not.
I can almost hear your scream:
'Just leave me alone freak! '
you're just a dream,
and it's time for me, to awake.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For A Freckled November Only by Waltz For Zizi )
- The Universe Of True Love, Poetic Lilly Emery
- A Halloween Haiku, Thomas Koron
- What a lovely night to see a star., Raymond Sawyer
- Lonely mirror ball., Simon Gowen
- NYBADET NAKEN, Gunnar Mo.
- Haiku 'Pebbles', miken newman
- Here Then Now There, Guillermo Veloso
- Life, Proud SugarBoe
- When You Had Left, Poetic Lilly Emery
- A riddle poem, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)