Waltz For Zizi
For A Freckled November Only
Someone crying, for a young girl's death
and another smiling, for the same cruel thing
and thanking their god, for the death he brings
upon other's offsprings.
If that keeps their own children alive,
..god doesn't seem to mind.
A heart beating, in a stranger's chest
unfamiliar with the place, it keeps beating
not minding either, if it's right or not.
Everybody seems to smile around.
The stranger's body, he knows better
he tries to reject, but the masked angels
with sharp and shiny scalpels
intoxicate his mind with drugs
to accept death's living gift.
'It's god's wish' they say to him.
'All are his wishes' the priest nods.
Should I have done the same to you,
drug you, so that you won't reject me,
like a dying stranger does
to the heart that keeps him alive? ..
..Of course not.
I can almost hear your scream:
'Just leave me alone freak! '
you're just a dream,
and it's time for me, to awake.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For A Freckled November Only by Waltz For Zizi )
Did you read them?
- Inspiration (Haiku), Toshie Nohara
- Rain In Summer, Neela Nath
- Friendship is made by God, gajanan mishra
- Friend, JAMES T. ADAIR
- You'll Never Know, Akhtar Jawad
- Resource less, hasmukh amathalal
- Teaching - A Satisfying Experience, Joseph T. Renaldi
- The Story of An Autumn Leaf, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- Love Unfetterred, Zulfiqar Ali Bhatti
- Time-wheel, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)