I rise up and rush down
To my sheer surprise I see
Nothing has been broken
Still I hear a sound of cracking.
Being dog tired and bog down
I lay down hard myself
Still and motionless
Yet to my great surprise
I can see the red flames
With all my closed eyes.
I jerk to empty my head
And closed all the doors to forget
Yet to my sheer surprise
I sense in my sound sleep
Some ones footsteps.
Abdul Wahab's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Footsteps by Abdul Wahab )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Little Song, Bulat Okudzhava
- Exploring Inner Oceans, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Little Song About The Foot, Bulat Okudzhava
- The Little Song About Night Moscow, Bulat Okudzhava
- The Little Tin Soldier Of My Son, Bulat Okudzhava
- Flowers stay with me, S.D. TIWARI
- I Fancied The Muse, Bulat Okudzhava
- Involved In Earthly Zeal, Bulat Okudzhava
- We are stupidly bold!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Sword of silver, S.D. TIWARI