Fool Once, Twice...
My 2 comrades and I were caught
By the enemy as we spied.
Death by firing squad was the lot,
And immediately applied
One at a time to each of us.
The squad aimed at my comrade one.
He yelled, 'Earthquake.' There was a fuss,
And the first comrade made a run
For it, and got away. So then,
It was the turn of comrade two.
He yelled, 'Tidal wave, ' and again,
In the chaos, away he flew.
My comrades' tactics did inspire.
As the squad aimed, I shouted, 'Fire.'
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fool Once, Twice... by Ima Ryma )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Dream Variations, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Captured By Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Remembering Beauty Of Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Feeling Loneliness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Don't Know Who You Are, Vera Sidhwa
- Poet's Space, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Flower Puff was Given To Me, Vera Sidhwa
- Thank You Darling, Michael P. McParland
- All Through The Night, Lora Colon
- How people Behave, Angell Afinowi
- Of Course it Was a Perfect Day, Ernest Lowe