Fool Once, Twice...
My 2 comrades and I were caught
By the enemy as we spied.
Death by firing squad was the lot,
And immediately applied
One at a time to each of us.
The squad aimed at my comrade one.
He yelled, 'Earthquake.' There was a fuss,
And the first comrade made a run
For it, and got away. So then,
It was the turn of comrade two.
He yelled, 'Tidal wave, ' and again,
In the chaos, away he flew.
My comrades' tactics did inspire.
As the squad aimed, I shouted, 'Fire.'
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fool Once, Twice... by Ima Ryma )
- Senseless, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bones, Marie Jones
- Lonesome Traveler, Robert James Busby
- Pronunciation, george albot
- Sonnet The City at Night, Robert James Busby
- Far From Paradise, Robert James Busby
- Chaos and Nihilism, Robert James Busby
- If you're leaving take me with you, Robert James Busby
- The Laconicism Problem, Robert James Busby
- I'm not insane, Priscilla Rose
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)