Fond Paradoxes ii
War is like Peace
in which lawlessness prevails
no comfort but terror without ease.
Evening is like Morning
having twilight of the same hues
both mark the end of each other.
Peers are like foes
a snake in the grass
seeking for self-concerns.
A lie is like the Truth
spoken with an evil base
causing end to the smile of hearts.
Gloom is like Glee
bringing tears to eyes
two wheels moving on the same axle-tree.
Education is like stark ignorance
teaching doubts while growing faith
in fortune-teller rather than fortune-Maker.
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fond Paradoxes ii by Shahzia Batool )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Graveyard, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Symphony of Discords By K.V.Suryanarayan.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Our Roads, Somanathan Iyer
- It's Not Just Rain, Daniel Skentelbery
- The Day After I Shouted Abuse at the Queen, Daniel Skentelbery
- Name-Calling, Diane Hine
- A pan fried fish…?, Mark Heathcote
- The Persecuted, Sandra Feldman
- wedding day, ademola oluwabusayo
- Dream the moon, Somanathan Iyer