Fond Paradoxes ii
War is like Peace
in which lawlessness prevails
no comfort but terror without ease.
Evening is like Morning
having twilight of the same hues
both mark the end of each other.
Peers are like foes
a snake in the grass
seeking for self-concerns.
A lie is like the Truth
spoken with an evil base
causing end to the smile of hearts.
Gloom is like Glee
bringing tears to eyes
two wheels moving on the same axle-tree.
Education is like stark ignorance
teaching doubts while growing faith
in fortune-teller rather than fortune-Maker.
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fond Paradoxes ii by Shahzia Batool )
Did you read them?
- Saturated, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I would never hurt you, The Princess is
- One Mode of Mortal Devotion, William Park
- Glow worm, Mark Heathcote
- FOOT STEPS, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Highest Human Virtue Surprisingly Is.., Mr. Nobody
- Time Marches on, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Our First Day, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Another Day, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Who Am I?, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow