Fond Paradoxes ii
War is like Peace
in which lawlessness prevails
no comfort but terror without ease.
Evening is like Morning
having twilight of the same hues
both mark the end of each other.
Peers are like foes
a snake in the grass
seeking for self-concerns.
A lie is like the Truth
spoken with an evil base
causing end to the smile of hearts.
Gloom is like Glee
bringing tears to eyes
two wheels moving on the same axle-tree.
Education is like stark ignorance
teaching doubts while growing faith
in fortune-teller rather than fortune-Maker.
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fond Paradoxes ii by Shahzia Batool )
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner
- Lives short lived, nick feiner
- Waiting to bloom, nick feiner
- Woman Or Mermaid?, Marcondes Pereira
- Gliding through life, nick feiner
- Angels and Demons, nick feiner
- Love is, hasmukh amathalal