Every few nights a fog covers the sky,
Trying to see anything past your eye.
Going in a circle, completely lost,
Screaming out at all cost.
Voices surrounding, echoes sounding,
Trying to find your way.
Laughter surrounds you, at first it was only a few,
Waiting for this night to turn to day.
Blind as can be,
Wishing to be able to see.
The moon is gone as well as the stars,
Nothing to be seen, not even the lights of cars.
Losing all hope, wishing to cope,
Your heart is racing.
Nothing around here, everything to fear,
No idea of waht you're facing.
A voice cries out,
You try to shout.
Suddenly, silence is all that's there,
Goosebumps rising as well as your hair.
You keep walking, feeling someone stalking,
Fear grips your heart.
Trying to deal, a grip you feel,
You're bursting apart.
Struggling to become free,
The roaring of the sea.
Lost your footing, you hold on,
Realizing they are gone.
Looking down, afraid to drown,
Everything is clear.
Falling to your death, screaming your last breath,
'Wake up! Wake up dear! '
You've been shown your fate...
Ocean Myranda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Foggy Nights by Ocean Myranda )
- Silent Voices - Heartbroken Sounds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Stumble And Fall, Maurice Rowlands
- Love others, gajanan mishra
- Thoughts of Perfection, michael walkerjohn
- Coffee & cream, Mark Heathcote
- An African Woman Unfolds, michael walkerjohn
- The Daughter of the Earth - 43, gajanan mishra
- Prove your presence, hasmukh amathalal
- Do Early Birds Really Catch the Worm?, Dr John Celes
- I Did It Well, Vera Sidhwa
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Go Back to May 1937, Sharon Olds
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(November 19, 1942)