Every few nights a fog covers the sky,
Trying to see anything past your eye.
Going in a circle, completely lost,
Screaming out at all cost.
Voices surrounding, echoes sounding,
Trying to find your way.
Laughter surrounds you, at first it was only a few,
Waiting for this night to turn to day.
Blind as can be,
Wishing to be able to see.
The moon is gone as well as the stars,
Nothing to be seen, not even the lights of cars.
Losing all hope, wishing to cope,
Your heart is racing.
Nothing around here, everything to fear,
No idea of waht you're facing.
A voice cries out,
You try to shout.
Suddenly, silence is all that's there,
Goosebumps rising as well as your hair.
You keep walking, feeling someone stalking,
Fear grips your heart.
Trying to deal, a grip you feel,
You're bursting apart.
Struggling to become free,
The roaring of the sea.
Lost your footing, you hold on,
Realizing they are gone.
Looking down, afraid to drown,
Everything is clear.
Falling to your death, screaming your last breath,
'Wake up! Wake up dear! '
You've been shown your fate...
Ocean Myranda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Foggy Nights by Ocean Myranda )
- Really Cancerous, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Prestiage, Vishal Sharma
- Halloween, Damian Murphy
- YOUNG AND INNOCENT, Philo Yan
- Tale of the Neck, Ima Ryma
- Life's Lived Long Lessons, Katherine Nordhaus
- Nigah-e-naaz (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- चाँद रात में सैर, Rajnish Manga
- Passages of Time, Phil Soar
- Listening To Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Carpe Diem, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(9 April 1821 – 31 August 1867)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)