Every few nights a fog covers the sky,
Trying to see anything past your eye.
Going in a circle, completely lost,
Screaming out at all cost.
Voices surrounding, echoes sounding,
Trying to find your way.
Laughter surrounds you, at first it was only a few,
Waiting for this night to turn to day.
Blind as can be,
Wishing to be able to see.
The moon is gone as well as the stars,
Nothing to be seen, not even the lights of cars.
Losing all hope, wishing to cope,
Your heart is racing.
Nothing around here, everything to fear,
No idea of waht you're facing.
A voice cries out,
You try to shout.
Suddenly, silence is all that's there,
Goosebumps rising as well as your hair.
You keep walking, feeling someone stalking,
Fear grips your heart.
Trying to deal, a grip you feel,
You're bursting apart.
Struggling to become free,
The roaring of the sea.
Lost your footing, you hold on,
Realizing they are gone.
Looking down, afraid to drown,
Everything is clear.
Falling to your death, screaming your last breath,
'Wake up! Wake up dear! '
You've been shown your fate...
Ocean Myranda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Foggy Nights by Ocean Myranda )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Mistletoe, Walter de la Mare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Unsuitable, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People of Pernambuco 2, Kim Barney
- Strange Foods: Oatmeal Omelet, Kim Barney
- Not a Real Poem 2, Kim Barney
- A Christmas with Simplicity, Akhtar Jawad
- Mangos and Monkeys, Kim Barney
- Mack, Kim Barney
- Who Told You That?, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Two Friends, Kim Barney
- Happy Birthday, Jesus!, Mitta Xinindlu