Flying Sky High 2013
Flying Sky High were kites that looked like
birds during a breezy sunny Spring day.
The bird like kites were gracefully
soaring above us in the air. They
made me forget all of my worries,
and my cares.
In the Mukilteo's Lighthouse Park, my friend and I
walked together (for awhile) together during the
daylight hours not after dark.
The sky above us was an awesome shade of blue,
and the clouds were snowy white too.
Suddenly we beheld a small plane, and a
red helicopter flying over the water's
waves. Slowy, they both flew away.
Wasn't it a perfect way for the two of us
to spend a lovely Spring day!
Love as Always,
Roxanne Lea Dubarry
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
People come from all over to visit the park. It is a favorite place
for photographers and special events- especially weddings.
Comments about this poem (Flying Sky High 2013 by Roxanne Dubarry )
- Cowgirl, R. T. Smith
- Confession in a Booth at the Hollow Log .., R. T. Smith
- A Local Doc, over Rocky Lunchtime Bourbo.., R. T. Smith
- Please Know, Michael McParland
- Pity Party of One -or- I Never Got His N.., Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- She, Divya Singh
- The Garden, William Jay Smith
- The Flight, William Jay Smith
- Touch the Air Softly, William Jay Smith
- Dachshunds, William Jay Smith
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)