rommelmarkmarchan beyond poetica
Fly Emirates.. mental journal above the earth
Boeing 747, codename: EK -333
Vacation leave is over
Time to be transported back........
sealed inside an iron bird-like
a fuselage capsule for 8 hours A to A standard time
iron wings propelled by just-drilled jumbo engines
to face off its immortal foes - the air pockets
giant thunders with its tail waiting somewhere
at Thailand-Myanmar border
cockpit is my command......
ladies and gentlemen,
fasten your seatbelt.
ready for take-off...this is captain hummingbird
thanks for flying with emirates
as we ascend..... my mind begins journaling
wish to seat at cockpit
but it's alarming yet anti-hijacking policy
wish to see the islets at window side
but I'm here near the aisle
wish to sip european white wine
but not-yet on go-green sign
wish to call my wife my son to bid adieu
but cut-off communication lines
wish to know why and why
while boarding on plane of its kind
I keep on thinking how life should be
Did I spend it worthwhile?
oh no! I ain't be blown-up in the sky
rommelmarkmarchan beyond poetica's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fly Emirates.. mental journal above the earth by rommelmarkmarchan beyond poetica )
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner
- Lives short lived, nick feiner
- Waiting to bloom, nick feiner