Flowers With Thorns
In that niche
So dark and deep
I found that delicacy
As red as blood
Just bloomed from a bud
By serene shine
She was stuck with mud
At a side, as I tried
To blow all impurity aside.
Until she shone bright
In the happy summer’s light.
How could she have been there?
How could one be so callous?
I grieved at her fate
I smiled at her innocence
Gazed at her lovely petals
Curling in the breeze of spring
Something curled inside me too.
I begin admiring her beauty
With my skin rolling on her body.
A spell broke
When I saw the red drops
As my skin cried
It knew the beauty had to abide
The law of the divine...
I felt the sorrow arise
When one of the arrows in her armor
The red crown it borrowed from my skin
Shone like a ruby.
Her petals bent a little down
When she saw her master frown
I couldn’t bear the scorn
So I smashed that thing on the ground
In that niche
So dark and deep…
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Flowers With Thorns by Vartika Pandey )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- DREAM OF PEACE, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Motion picture, daniel george
- Fallen, daniel george
- The Shadow Of The Wind., Tony Adah
- True Meaning Of Friendship Quote, thumper 786
- Seesaws المراجيح, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- World Leprosy Week, john tiong chunghoo
- Catch 22 on the Lake District hills., Dan Reynolds
- My Words, Fatima Nusairat
- Jesus And Gandhi: South And North Of Sam.., Saiom Shriver