I can hear the drum and and fife,
Booted cadence throbs the ground.
All of earth seems full of life,
I'm awakened by it's sound
Longest days have seen my sleep,
Waiting for the warming sun.
From my cradle now I peep,
New beginnings have begun.
Mid an upward stretch I ask,
What small purpose has my life?
Is my value worth the task?
Once again the lilting fife.
Thus I don the summer green,
My robust nature thriving.
My crowning glory can be seen,
With jubilance arriving.
Look at me, oh, look at me!
I'm pink, I'm beauteous pink!
The object of my being,
Does unfurl and nod and wink!
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Flower Seed by Connie Yost )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Tabatha Khumalo, Bob Johnson
- 'What's Wrong With Her? ', nikka mee farillon
- Emotions Kept Inside, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Yehi Karna Hay to Insan Banata Keyun Hay, Akhtar Jawad
- Golden Dreams, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Wind shall blow, hasmukh amathalal
- Turn to flower, hasmukh amathalal
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! * - Chapter3 (.., Brian Johnston
- Mind Over Matter, david kush
- Don't do anything in a bigger way than t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan