I can hear the drum and and fife,
Booted cadence throbs the ground.
All of earth seems full of life,
I'm awakened by it's sound
Longest days have seen my sleep,
Waiting for the warming sun.
From my cradle now I peep,
New beginnings have begun.
Mid an upward stretch I ask,
What small purpose has my life?
Is my value worth the task?
Once again the lilting fife.
Thus I don the summer green,
My robust nature thriving.
My crowning glory can be seen,
With jubilance arriving.
Look at me, oh, look at me!
I'm pink, I'm beauteous pink!
The object of my being,
Does unfurl and nod and wink!
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Flower Seed by Connie Yost )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- To dictators, Simon Grayman
- UFC 183: Watch Anderson Silva vs Nick Di.., Renz Barns
- The Dark Side, Sandra Feldman
- Chasing Constellations, Russell Nero
- Aroma, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- Illusion, Noah Body
- Leprae, Brave Hearts
- In the Green are Emotions, Rohit Sapra
- Heart Beat Outpaced xx xxx xx Impro.., Lee Mack
- When a letter to my love will not just do, Rob Spiering