I can hear the drum and and fife,
Booted cadence throbs the ground.
All of earth seems full of life,
I'm awakened by it's sound
Longest days have seen my sleep,
Waiting for the warming sun.
From my cradle now I peep,
New beginnings have begun.
Mid an upward stretch I ask,
What small purpose has my life?
Is my value worth the task?
Once again the lilting fife.
Thus I don the summer green,
My robust nature thriving.
My crowning glory can be seen,
With jubilance arriving.
Look at me, oh, look at me!
I'm pink, I'm beauteous pink!
The object of my being,
Does unfurl and nod and wink!
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Flower Seed by Connie Yost )
- THe Mean Man, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Jury duty, Harold R Hunt Sr
- My Body Is Not Your Temple By Bo-Edward .., Bo Edward Lawrence
- The America Flag., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Euphoric Nights By Bo-Edward Lawrence, Bo Edward Lawrence
- Storms do not last., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Crime repeats itself., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The American dream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I Fly, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Fissures Of Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)