I am the child of the shadowy hills
Rare is my birth from the hard rocks
In solitude I travel too high in pace.
Bows to thorns bleeding my face
Tiding pain of heart I strongly grow
Smile and tears never defect my goal.
I am forced by destiny for a sea
Going back to the womb where began
Oblivious of it by time’s illusory spell.
I am dried up under a summer-sun
Sickly breathe on way in little murmur,
There is hope in my sweat of labour
Songs of rain fling down the stars
I cross the desert and rocky ways
Never bound as a prisoner of time
I keep on moving, flow is my life
Confide in a goal of longing blue-bay.
Meander through the pathless woods
Wander and wonder miles and miles
Frozen in winter through dead lakes
In steaming morns and gloomy eves
Leap, limp as concerts of my own.
Insistently I move without a stay
In adoration of the breeze of spring
Unfolding me in ecstasies and dreams
Brave a journey in ceaseless efforts.
I shriek and shrink at roars of waves
The sea is so vast, I am so small,
Blown away again from the raging sea
I am reborn again in a new dawn.
Rajendra padhi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (FLOW by Rajendra padhi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Federico García Lorca
(5 June 1898 – 19 August 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Bleeding, May Swenson
- Men, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- The Bells, Edgar Allan Poe
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
Poem of the Day
- Her Yes, Suresh Dogra
- Schools place of transformation., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I love the poet for ever, gajanan mishra
- A Shameless Thief, Chris Zachariou
- Our Last Meeting, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- A Lie, Leong Ming Loong
- Should I forget?, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- thoughts of you, Dorsey Baker
- Our call, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Khoon Aloodah, Akhtar Jawad