I am the child of the shadowy hills
Rare is my birth from the hard rocks
In solitude I travel too high in pace.
Bows to thorns bleeding my face
Tiding pain of heart I strongly grow
Smile and tears never defect my goal.
I am forced by destiny for a sea
Going back to the womb where began
Oblivious of it by time’s illusory spell.
I am dried up under a summer-sun
Sickly breathe on way in little murmur,
There is hope in my sweat of labour
Songs of rain fling down the stars
I cross the desert and rocky ways
Never bound as a prisoner of time
I keep on moving, flow is my life
Confide in a goal of longing blue-bay.
Meander through the pathless woods
Wander and wonder miles and miles
Frozen in winter through dead lakes
In steaming morns and gloomy eves
Leap, limp as concerts of my own.
Insistently I move without a stay
In adoration of the breeze of spring
Unfolding me in ecstasies and dreams
Brave a journey in ceaseless efforts.
I shriek and shrink at roars of waves
The sea is so vast, I am so small,
Blown away again from the raging sea
I am reborn again in a new dawn.
Rajendra padhi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (FLOW by Rajendra padhi )
- Ode To Peace, Dilantha Gunawardana
- Divine Words, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Dark chocolate, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Colonization, gajanan mishra
- Coexisting, Kyle Schlicher
- Feelings, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Let me tell a friend a story, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Our Fall خريفنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sufferings, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- MacDeath - From Zombie Apocalypse Poems .., Matthew Lawler
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)