FLoating on ferns
Floating half hidden from myself
buoyed on ferns and things like that
sheltered from the wind and rain
trees, shade from the sun and glare.
Only badger sentinels to guard,
black and white....and brown.
Where is this place, Calm and Peace?
in dream I came, woke upon the ground
a green and pleasant ground, dry soft.
shall stay a while until I sleep,
then dream to home and daffodils.
I do not wish to wake until I'm home
then, should I dream once more
to return again to this green space,
float half hidden from myself,
buoyed on ferns and things like that.
John Rickell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (FLoating on ferns by John Rickell )
- You are imperishable, gajanan mishra
- E a Lua e as Estrelas e o Mundo, Gabriela Laufer
- Flower, Cee Bea
- Lavender, Cee Bea
- THE SHRIEK, Satish Verma
- The Terror, David Lewis Paget
- Union - within us, gajanan mishra
- Haiku(GOD), Aftab Alam
- chaos of Christmas near, lee fones
- The earth is moving, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)