Firsts Up At Me
Two souls meet
Looking down from the sky
Heavenly angels, Bless'd night
But despair shines through
Reaching but never can they be found
The connection is broken
Emotions are lost
Yet there is a land of Memories...
Where what is lost can be rediscovered
And then there is hope and joy..
And sorrow, and grief
Love is all powerful: transforming, but it does not mend
Staring blankly into those deep eyes you call stars
The world engulfs you, and swallows you up
Darkness blankets over us
Warmth is an illusion
Piercing brightness is the call of death
Tumbling down, you search
Beginnings always begin with The End
Every piece to be uncovered, hidden in plain sight
You feel for what's in front of you, when all truth is inside
Slowly you rise..
And looking up, you find that they have been there all along
With you, guiding and teaching and protecting you..
Loving you and you find a face
The face that will remain yours forever..
Against all odds..
Let us fight; let them come
Shall our enemies reign upon us.. ever weaken our hold..
Shall our bonds overpower and be strongest and bold
Confidence in smiling
The one you thought you'd never have..
The moment when stories intertwine.. Paths cross and your journey becomes one
Hold your head high; you defy the stars
You choose to be..what they say not to be..
Tell them off, show them up..
Golden violet roses
Soft honeydew nests
Fantasies of forever..never last
Evening walks by the beach.. sunsets end the day..
Find what you are looking for.. With purpose is the key
And one shalln't stop.. Not 'till peace presides and joy is free
Turn around; Smile at me
Liliana EL.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Firsts Up At Me by Liliana EL. )
- quotation # 4, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Thanks For What?, Liliana EL.
- Rosy Wind, Casey Jarrell
- Hate poem, Sahra Hussein
- Recalling, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Clear, dear!, Edward Kofi Louis
- A great continent, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Poetry Doesn't Work That Way, Sambanath Denis
- Serenity, for you I wish, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Verses pour slowly, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)