Firsts Up At Me
Two souls meet
Looking down from the sky
Heavenly angels, Bless'd night
But despair shines through
Reaching but never can they be found
The connection is broken
Emotions are lost
Yet there is a land of Memories...
Where what is lost can be rediscovered
And then there is hope and joy..
And sorrow, and grief
Love is all powerful: transforming, but it does not mend
Staring blankly into those deep eyes you call stars
The world engulfs you, and swallows you up
Darkness blankets over us
Warmth is an illusion
Piercing brightness is the call of death
Tumbling down, you search
Beginnings always begin with The End
Every piece to be uncovered, hidden in plain sight
You feel for what's in front of you, when all truth is inside
Slowly you rise..
And looking up, you find that they have been there all along
With you, guiding and teaching and protecting you..
Loving you and you find a face
The face that will remain yours forever..
Against all odds..
Let us fight; let them come
Shall our enemies reign upon us.. ever weaken our hold..
Shall our bonds overpower and be strongest and bold
Confidence in smiling
The one you thought you'd never have..
The moment when stories intertwine.. Paths cross and your journey becomes one
Hold your head high; you defy the stars
You choose to be..what they say not to be..
Tell them off, show them up..
Golden violet roses
Soft honeydew nests
Fantasies of forever..never last
Evening walks by the beach.. sunsets end the day..
Find what you are looking for.. With purpose is the key
And one shalln't stop.. Not 'till peace presides and joy is free
Turn around; Smile at me
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Firsts Up At Me by Liliana EL. )
- Vertigo, Nassy Fesharaki
- Worthy Expressions, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Flight Of Fairies, Nicholas Nikolov
- Goodnight Kiss, Nicholas Nikolov
- MURIEL, Donald R Charon
- GLENDA, Donald R Charon
- Tales Of A Wife: Close To You, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- CREDITOR, Donald R Charon
- Tales Of A Wife: Lady Liberty, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Lament Of Many, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)