Firsts Up At Me
Two souls meet
Looking down from the sky
Heavenly angels, Bless'd night
But despair shines through
Reaching but never can they be found
The connection is broken
Emotions are lost
Yet there is a land of Memories...
Where what is lost can be rediscovered
And then there is hope and joy..
And sorrow, and grief
Love is all powerful: transforming, but it does not mend
Staring blankly into those deep eyes you call stars
The world engulfs you, and swallows you up
Darkness blankets over us
Warmth is an illusion
Piercing brightness is the call of death
Tumbling down, you search
Beginnings always begin with The End
Every piece to be uncovered, hidden in plain sight
You feel for what's in front of you, when all truth is inside
Slowly you rise..
And looking up, you find that they have been there all along
With you, guiding and teaching and protecting you..
Loving you and you find a face
The face that will remain yours forever..
Against all odds..
Let us fight; let them come
Shall our enemies reign upon us.. ever weaken our hold..
Shall our bonds overpower and be strongest and bold
Confidence in smiling
The one you thought you'd never have..
The moment when stories intertwine.. Paths cross and your journey becomes one
Hold your head high; you defy the stars
You choose to be..what they say not to be..
Tell them off, show them up..
Golden violet roses
Soft honeydew nests
Fantasies of forever..never last
Evening walks by the beach.. sunsets end the day..
Find what you are looking for.. With purpose is the key
And one shalln't stop.. Not 'till peace presides and joy is free
Turn around; Smile at me
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Firsts Up At Me by Liliana EL. )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Anecdote of the Jar, Wallace Stevens
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Indian Weavers, Sarojini Naidu
Poem of the Day
- New Birth, Paul Sebastian
- First Encounter - Tan Sri Clement Hii, john tiong chunghoo
- I Chose To Mickey With The Mouse, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Honey-Bee Lover, Paul Sebastian
- How real is This Truth?, michael walkerjohn
- What Bhagavad Gita is not, Bashyam Narayanan
- Sold, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Pain, Pain Knows No Race, Hebert Logerie
- God's Hands Of Love, Tom Zart
- Alone, Samantha Gronn