you had swept back your bangs for the first time
when I saw you under the apple tree
the flower-comb in your hair
I thought you yourself were a flower too.
you stretched out your pale white hand gently
giving me an apple:
like the ripening red of the autumn fruit
my first feeling of love
my sigh, without any awareness
touched your hair
the joys of love's offerings
drinking your love...
under a tree in the apple orchard
nature's narrow road
who left this token here?
your question gave me a piercing pleasure.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (First Love by Shimazaki Toson )
- Bottled and Guarded the Overberg Story, Jenny Santiago
- हमारा घर हमारा भारत, MIRTUNJAY KUMAR
- Lampost, Naveed Khalid
- Tablet Of Simurgh, Naveed Khalid
- My Chamber of the Great Escape, Jenny Santiago
- To The Moon I, Naveed Khalid
- Where I want to be, Jenny Santiago
- Beehive, Naveed Khalid
- Purgatory, Naveed Khalid
- I seek, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
- Heather Burns