you had swept back your bangs for the first time
when I saw you under the apple tree
the flower-comb in your hair
I thought you yourself were a flower too.
you stretched out your pale white hand gently
giving me an apple:
like the ripening red of the autumn fruit
my first feeling of love
my sigh, without any awareness
touched your hair
the joys of love's offerings
drinking your love...
under a tree in the apple orchard
nature's narrow road
who left this token here?
your question gave me a piercing pleasure.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (First Love by Shimazaki Toson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Let's Make Those Sad Tears Disappear (Se.., Ronald Chapman
- Hide and Seek, Dean Meredith
- In Rum, Beer, Brandy, Whiskey, See I My .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Let's Climb A Mountain, Ronald Chapman
- Learning to Live, Ronald Chapman
- Laundry Day (Haiku), Ronald Chapman
- The Lamb (Children's Poetry), Ronald Chapman
- Korean Cicada (Regional), Ronald Chapman
- There Is Nothing As Indian English Poetr.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- No to Suicide, Wellington Marshall