Though your sweetheart now is someone new,
To whom you love and care for, and to be with you,
You buy them gifts and later together you might dine,
But, remember this first, I was your first valentine.
There was the time that you were lonely and alone,
To Cupid and his arrows you were not yet known,
Before his first arrow at your heart was ever aimed,
Your heart, I had already wanted and also claimed.
Before you spoke or knew about the definition of love,
While the angels were still watching you from heaven above,
And before your feelings to a love you had first conversed,
Remember, I was the one that had loved and talked to you first.
When you thought love would never be part of your heart,
That a love never existed, and you had not a counterpart,
The love that you thought you were missing was already there,
I was already loving you, and I was everywhere.
We all were born into life and that is our happy beginning,
Then we all will die from life and that is our tragic ending,
All that we owned or had is from us tragically torn,
Except for love; I loved you from the day that you were born.
Randy L. McClave
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (First Love by Randy McClave )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Spaniels, Diane Hine
- WE RIDE NORTH, AWAKEN!, Hibah Shabkhez
- I am the paradise, gajanan mishra
- Non-Belief and Nothing, douglas scotney
- Is poem everything?, gajanan mishra
- Universal Creed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Chalo na phir shuruyaat krte hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Kaise mai ye likh deta hoon! !, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Final Frontier, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Doors Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak