To condemn to the query of a soul
What love one once kept
Riding within the ashes;
Stilling eyes like fireflies.
Incandescence halting thyself
Stringing the endless theory;
We are not complete without the other
Their soul to guide us til weary days.
Our ends well met, and just became
Stinging eyes like fireflies.
To grasp our world with a single ring
One to have and to hold as we sing;
Oh, what love one once kept?
Granite hearts are unbreakable.
And mine will always stay the same
Mending eyes like fireflies.
Mikey Bachman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fireflies by Mikey Bachman )
- Come, Come....., Marshall Gass
- From In the mind, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Gramma's house., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Rubber-Band, Marshall Gass
- Stepping Into Your Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- this poem, Bull Hawking
- Revealed From Pretentions Concealed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Ego Control, Ali Faisal
- Coming Home, Randy McClave
- what is this? i don't even..., Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)