To condemn to the query of a soul
What love one once kept
Riding within the ashes;
Stilling eyes like fireflies.
Incandescence halting thyself
Stringing the endless theory;
We are not complete without the other
Their soul to guide us til weary days.
Our ends well met, and just became
Stinging eyes like fireflies.
To grasp our world with a single ring
One to have and to hold as we sing;
Oh, what love one once kept?
Granite hearts are unbreakable.
And mine will always stay the same
Mending eyes like fireflies.
Mikey Bachman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fireflies by Mikey Bachman )
- What's the half truth of half world, Aftab Alam
- A Polar Star to Show Your Way, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Walking Is a Way of Life, Frank Avon
- Sirpent, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- And then there were none, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Upstairs Witch, David Lewis Paget
- Breeze of love, SALINI NAIR
- Mt. Eden, Frank Avon
- I am in love with you, ambitious blessing
- Figurines, Mike Acker
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Learn to Live, Roopa Menon
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)