I burn hot, hot, ever hotter.
Every little thing strengthens me.
Burning stronger than the scar of Potter.
Nothing is safe from my heat.
I tear through forests, burning all.
Ripping up the earth, creating a mess.
Trying to fight me takes great gall.
But giving up and surrendering is best.
I'm on a raging war path.
Killing all that is in my way.
Scenes anger me, dredged up from the past.
Why can't they leave, I want to stay!
No! no I can't be here!
If I stay, all will perish.
The terrible things they say are all I hear.
The first to go are those I cherish.
I try so hard to hold back.
To control the raging fires.
Keep on the nice, good track.
But their lies are what lit my pyres.
So here is where I must leave.
There is no longer hope of life.
I want the fire's burning to take reprieve.
But it seems I'm cursed to this eternal strife...
Topic(s): natural disasters
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Fire by Zimaya Nightshade )
- Khwaabon ki Haqikat, Ahatisham Alam
- THE BIRTH LAND, Abhishek Kumar Singh
- Hame Rone ki aadat pad gai, Ahatisham Alam
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.72, Mr. Nobody
- Lovers are Poets and Poets are Lovers, Mr. Nobody
- I dont have to but I love you Blues Song, Dimitri Jagodinski
- Mulder, John Carlos
- I am here to help you, gajanan mishra
- Father, gajanan mishra
- Within The Forest, Brianna SaurusRex
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)