I burn hot, hot, ever hotter.
Every little thing strengthens me.
Burning stronger than the scar of Potter.
Nothing is safe from my heat.
I tear through forests, burning all.
Ripping up the earth, creating a mess.
Trying to fight me takes great gall.
But giving up and surrendering is best.
I'm on a raging war path.
Killing all that is in my way.
Scenes anger me, dredged up from the past.
Why can't they leave, I want to stay!
No! no I can't be here!
If I stay, all will perish.
The terrible things they say are all I hear.
The first to go are those I cherish.
I try so hard to hold back.
To control the raging fires.
Keep on the nice, good track.
But their lies are what lit my pyres.
So here is where I must leave.
There is no longer hope of life.
I want the fire's burning to take reprieve.
But it seems I'm cursed to this eternal strife...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Fire by Zimaya Nightshade )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Eyes, Kyle Schlicher
- Big Ivory!, Denis Martindale
- My Eyes Blue And Clear, Kyle Schlicher
- Tomorrow I, Sadiqullah Khan
- Elegy To A Gypsy Lass, richard harris
- Firewater, Sadiqullah Khan
- Multiplied By Each Mind, Margaret Alice Second
- de reporter, co the skipper
- Knock the Door Down, Sadiqullah Khan
- Trails Of Love, Lilly Emery