I burn hot, hot, ever hotter.
Every little thing strengthens me.
Burning stronger than the scar of Potter.
Nothing is safe from my heat.
I tear through forests, burning all.
Ripping up the earth, creating a mess.
Trying to fight me takes great gall.
But giving up and surrendering is best.
I'm on a raging war path.
Killing all that is in my way.
Scenes anger me, dredged up from the past.
Why can't they leave, I want to stay!
No! no I can't be here!
If I stay, all will perish.
The terrible things they say are all I hear.
The first to go are those I cherish.
I try so hard to hold back.
To control the raging fires.
Keep on the nice, good track.
But their lies are what lit my pyres.
So here is where I must leave.
There is no longer hope of life.
I want the fire's burning to take reprieve.
But it seems I'm cursed to this eternal strife...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Fire by Zimaya Nightshade )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- It, Gilbert Ortega
- The Approach, Gilbert Ortega
- Mona Lisa Canvas, Gilbert Ortega
- Passion Play, Gilbert Ortega
- The Gatekeeper part 2 (In memory of Edga.., Gilbert Ortega
- AGAINST FORGETTING, George Dee Vuy
- The Gatekeeper part 1 (In memory of Edga.., Gilbert Ortega
- For Jennifer, Gilbert Ortega
- Gilded Thorns, Gilbert Ortega
- Journey of death, ramesh rai